Go Cards!

kclj520

Thought I would post a few items, I don't actively collect anymore, but have a few for show and tell!

20240326_160456.jpg

Have met both Al Hrabosky and Whitey Herzog many times, and while they signed these through the mail for me, the photos are from outside the Cardinals clubhouse at Busch Stadium!

This photo is from our Stadium tour last September, Tom Pagnozzi was signing at the Museum, a super nice man!

20240326_160500.jpg

Last edited:
Got a really nice surprise today, a lady from church gave me her whole Mark McGwire collection! She had books, baseballs, cards, pins, and a really cool framed photo of home run #62!

20240327_122133.jpg

Got a really nice surprise today, a lady from church gave me her whole Mark McGwire collection! She had books, baseballs, cards, pins, and a really cool framed photo of home run #62!

That's awesome, Kevin! What were the books? Any good cards in there?

There were a few SI mini books for kids, the cards were mounted on plaques, and there was this book with tons of cool photos:

What an awesome year that was! Glad I was old enough to get to watch and remember it, but cool to have a book about it too. Have you already read it before or will it be a new read for you, assuming you read it?

What an awesome year that was! Glad I was old enough to get to watch and remember it, but cool to have a book about it too. Have you already read it before or will it be a new read for you, assuming you read it?
@Mike

Just started reading it last night, brought back so many memories....I lived in Chgo at the time, my Grandfather worked for the Tribune for many years and we watched every Cubs game....now I have converted to being a Cards fanatic, as we live in the STL area!

I will say, I was rooting for McGwire that season, as I loved the Oakland A's Bash Brothers era and the Bay Area World Series in 1989, that was the season that really solidified my love of baseball! Was thrilled to see Big Mac hit 70 that season!!

Back