Software Updates and Changes

Mike

Administrator
So I thought it'd be nice to have a thread dedicated to our custom software (TTM Manager) and, more specifically, what changes y'all can expect going forward.

After these first few days of having some help playing with this thing, from @kclj520 and @DFWGrapher, I realized that I never coded in a way to delete addresses. I can edit them but can't delete them. I'm not sure how I didn't think that would be a thing, but I didn't so that's something that will be added going forward.

While I'm in there I'll also add a way for members to delete their TTM requests for X days and a way to remove celebrities that are added if/when necessary.

Finally (finally for now, but not forever), I think we need to also add a way to set photos on celebrity overview pages of the latest requests from those celebrities. I'll also probably add a way to add a small photo of one of those requests to the main celebrity listing page next to each celebrity.

I'll try to have all of these things done by the end of the week. The hope is to have this bad boy dialed in and in good operating condition by the end of the month so that I can start advertising the site starting in April.

Thank you all for stopping by, and especially thank you to those who do, and will, contribute to the site. As always, if there is anything you'd like to see changed, please let me know and I'll look into it.

So I just got a few of these updates done. Members can now delete their TTM request trackers for up to 24 hours (for duplicate/accidental entries). I also added a way that I can delete addresses and celebrities. I'll start work on adding some photos to the celebrity pages (for ones we already have request photos for) soon too.

Work continues! Thank you all again for stopping by!

Ok, just a quick update. I did get it so that I could manually set an image per celebrity, but haven't quite nailed down the code to get it to set automatically once the first photo of a celebrity is updated. I'll get that finished at some point this week but, at least for now, I'll try to keep up with manually selecting them.

Looks like there's a bug here. The auto-post uses the username of whoever added the address instead of the username of the person actually posting the success. I'll look into getting this one fixed by tomorrow evening.

Nevermind...turns out it was an easier fix than I thought it could be. Consider this one fixed! It won't go back and correct all the posts that were already made but ones in the future should display the correct username.

Just as a quick update, I'm still working on a way to automatically add photos to each celebrity's profile when we get one uploaded.

Also, I'm going to add a search box to the celebrities page that will be like a quick search for celebrities, with auto-fill for the data we have.

Back